Let’s discuss the important 2 June Current Affairs MCQ.
1)Which among the following country has terminated its relationship with World Health Organization over its handling of the Corona virus pandemic?
a ) France
b) United States
c) South Korea
2) National Geographic channel in collaboration with Drinking Water Ministry has released a film about which government scheme? (Very important scheme related current affair)
a) Swachh Bharat Mission
b) Atma Nirbhar Bharat
c) Namami Gange
d) National Clean Air Programme
The film based on ‘Swachh Bharat Mission’ was recently premiered at a special screening for the Indian President and also on the NatGeo channel. The film is also available on the YouTube channel of Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen.
3) Which sports personality was ranked at the top spot in the annual Forbes 2020 list of highest-paid athletes? (Important sports NEWS)
a) Cristiano Ronaldo
b) Roger Federer
c) Virat Kohli
d) Lionel Messi
The total earning of Federer amounts to USD 106.3 million as per Forbes magazine. Federer is followed by the football trio in the next three ranks: Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Neymar.
Virat Kohli ranked 66 in the list with 26 million earnings
4) Which among the following global organisation has adopted a new voting procedure involving secret ballots for its elections during Covid-19 pandemic? (Important current affair related to international organization)
a) United Nations
b) European Union
c) World Health Organisation
d) none of the above
This voting procedure is adapted to maintain social distancing for the upcoming election of new members of the Security Council.
The ambassadors from 193 UN member nations will cast secret ballots at predetermined places and time slots.
5) After which disease outbreak in India, China is set to impose a ban on pigs, wild boar and pork related products from India?
a) African swine fever
b) Porcine parvovirus
c) Foot and Mouth Disease
d) Coronavirus Disease
India reported African swine fever (ASF) in Assam which led to nearly 14,000 deaths among pigs and wild boars in Assam.
6) Which country recently presided over the BRICS meeting of the BRICS Heads of Tax Authorities?
d) South Africa
The BRICS Heads of Tax Authorities meet was originally scheduled to be held in Moscow, owing to Covid-19 restrictions, it was held through video conferencing
7) What is the name of the Video Blogging Contest, associated with International Yoga Day, that was recently announced?
a) My Life – My Yoga
b) Yoga is life
c) Yoga fights Covid-19
d) Yoga – A immunity booster
PM Narendra Modi during his Mann Ki Baat address announced the Video Blogging Contest named “My Life – My Yoga” (also called “Jeevan Yoga”). It is a collaboration of the Ministry of AYUSH and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR). It is a part of activities related to the 6th International Day of Yoga (IDY) on 21st June 2020. This contest is open to participants from all countries. The first phase will select winners from within the country and the second phase will select global winners.
Read | 1 June current affair MCQ
8) International Everest Day is celebrated across the world on…….
a) May 29
b) May 3o
c) June 31
d) June 1
On 29th May 1953, Tenzing Norgay of Nepal and Edmund Hillary of New Zealand had successfully climbed the Mt. Everest. They were the first to do so. Nepal decided to observe the day as International Everest Day since the climber Edmund Hillary passed away in the year 2008.
9) Which company launched a new app ‘Sodar’ to help people maintain distancing? (Science & Technology current affair)
The Sodar app creates a visual boundary using the user’s smartphone camera and shows who is breaching that distance, on a real-time basis. The app uses WebXR to help visualize social distancing guidelines It create an augmented reality two-meter radius ring around you.
10) Uttarakhand state government recently launched a scheme to provide loans to migrant workers. Name the scheme? (UK PSC current affair)
a) Mukhya Mantri Samriddhi Yojana
b) Mukhya Mantri Yatra Yojana
c) Mukhya Mantri Pravasi Yojana
d) Mukhya Mantri Swarojgar Yojana
Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat launched the Mukhyamantri Swarozgar Yojana on 28th May. The scheme has been launched to encourage entrepreneurship youth of Uttarakhand and migrant workers returned to the state due to Covid-19 for self-employment.
11) Name the three states which have been currently added to One Nation-One Ration Card scheme.
a)Odisha, Mizoram, Nagaland
b)Manipur, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh
c)Odisha, Sikkim, Mizoram
d)Manipur, Sikkim, Mizoram
Now, the number of states and union territories (UTs) which have joined the scheme is 20. By August, Uttarakhand, Nagaland and Manipur will also be added. The Food Ministry aims to implement this facility across the country by March 2021.
The 17 states and UTs which were parts of the scheme –
Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Kerala, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Punjab, Telangana, Tripura and Uttar Pradesh.
12) World Milk Day is celebrated on …… (important Day)
a) June 1
b) June 2
c) June 3
d) May 31
The theme of 2020: 20th Anniversary of World Milk Day
The day was first celebrated in 2001. It completed 20 years.
13) Name of the programme launched by the Ministry of Electronics and IT, in collaboration with Intel India? (Govt scheme current affair)
a) Youth and technology
b) Sustainable AI for Youth
c) Artificial Intelligence for India
d) Responsible AI for Youth
The scheme’s purpose is to reach out to students from Government schools pan India and provide them with an opportunity to become part of the skilled workforce in an inclusive manner.
The scheme is open to students of classes 8 – 12 from Central and State government-run schools and in its first phase, each of the State Education Department will nominate 10 teachers who will identify 25-50 potential students for the Program. It is a national programme for the youth which has been developed by the Ministry of Electronics and IT in collaboration with Intel India, with support from the Department of School Education and Literacy (DoSE&L). It focuses to equip young students with new generation technology.
Govt also launched the National Artificial Intelligence Portal called www.ai.gov.in
The portal has been jointly developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and the National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM).
The portal will work as a one-stop digital platform for sharing of resources such as articles, startups, investment funds in AI, resources, companies and educational institutions related to AI in India. The portal will also share documents, case studies, research reports etc.
14) Bobby Morrow, who recently passed away, was associated with which field? (Person in NEWS current affair)
d) Space Science
He was a veteran athlete from the United States. The sprinter had won three gold medals in the 1956 Melbourne Olympics. He won the 100 and 200 meters in Melbourne Olympics and was a crucial part of the winning 400 relay team
15) Ashwani Bhatia has been appointed as the new Managing Director of which Indian public sector bank? (Current affair important for Bank PO)
a) Punjab National Bank
b) Bank of India
c) State Bank of India
d) Union Bank of India
The Banks Board Bureau (BBB) has recently recommended the appointment for the top-level position of three public sector banks:
Matam Venkat Rao as the MD & CEO of Central Bank of India
PP Sengupta as the MD & CEO of Indian Overseas Bank
16) Which venue was originally scheduled for the 47th G-7 summit 2020, that has been postponed due to Covid-19 pandemic?
It was scheduled to be held in the month of June 2020, at Camp David, United States but cancelled due to COVID-19.
Members: US, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Canada and Japan.
Trump also suggested expanding the G7 bloc to include India, Australia, South Korea and Russia.
17) Recently Moody’s downgraded India’s ratings to ……..
The downgrade in the rating is not because of Covid-19 impact.
Four main reasons to downgrade the rating:
- 1. Weak implementation of economic reforms since 2017
- 2. Relatively low economic growth over a sustained period
- 3. A significant deterioration in the fiscal position of governments (central and state)
- 4. The rising stress in India’s financial sector
Read | 31 May Current Affair MCQ