Let’s discuss 4 June Current affairs MCQ important for Competitive Exams
1)India is holding first ever bilateral virtual summit with which among the following country?
On June 4, PM Modi will hold a virtual bilateral summit with the Australian PM Scott Morrison.
Nice agreements will be signed including ‘Mutual Logistic Support Agreement (MLSA)’
2) The Union Cabinet approved renaming of Kolkata Port Trust. What will be the new name?
a)Shyama Prasad Mukerjee port trust
b)Subhash Chandra Bose Port Trust
c)Vivekananda Port Trust
d)Ram Manohar Lohiya Port Trust
The announcement to rename the port was made by PM Modi when he attended the 150th-anniversary celebrations of Kolkata Port Trust on 11th January 2020
In October 2019, the Chenani-Nashri Tunnel was also renamed after Shyama Prasad Mukerjee. India’s longest road tunnel (9.28 km) on NH 44 in J&K.
3) ‘Nisarga’ Cyclone which hit Maharashtra was named by which country? (very important current affairs)
On 28th April, IMD released 169 new names of future tropical cyclones over the North Indian Ocean. A total of 13 countries submitted 169 names, each country submitted 13 names. Bangladesh was also among the thirteen countries.
Names of 13 countries: India, Bangladesh, Iran, Maldives, Myanmar, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Thailand, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.
Thirteen names submitted by India are Gati, Tej, Aag, Neer, Vyom, Jhar, Jaladhi, Murasu, Probaho, Prabhanjan, Ghumi, Ambud and Vega.
Watch out this tutorial for complete knowledge.
4) World Bicycle Day is celebrated on ……
5) Name the large group of asteroids that share the Jupiter’s orbit around the Sun?
a) Mammoth Asteroids
b) Dragon Asteroids
c) Skystar Asteroids
d) Trojan asteroids
The trojans follow the same orbit of planet but stay either around 60 degrees ahead or 60 degrees behind along the orbit.
LD 2 2019, a trojan asteroid was discovered on June 2019 by the Asteroid Terrestrial-impact Last Alert System (ATLAS), an asteroid impact early warning system being developed by the University of Hawaii and funded by NASA. LD2 2019 belongs to those groups of Trojan asteroids which are 60 degrees ahead along the Jupiter orbit.
Now, it is the first known Jupiter trojan asteroid to have a comet-like tail.
6) What is the name of the portal, recently launched by PM Modi for MSMEs? (current affairs Important for exams)
CHAMPIONS’ stands for Creation and Harmonious Application of Modern Processes for Increasing the Output and National Strength.
It is launched to promote a unified, empowered, robust, bundled and technology driven platform for helping and promoting the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) of the country.
Three basic objectives of the CHAMPIONS:
- To help the MSMEs in this difficult situation in terms of finance, raw materials, labour, permissions, etc.
- To help the MSMEs capture new opportunities including manufacturing of medical items & accessories.
- To identify the sparks, i.e., the bright MSMEs who can withstand at present and become national and international champions.
7) PM SVANIDHI scheme is for ……………. (very important scheme for govt exams)
- Pradhan Mantri Street Vendor’s Atmanirbhar Nidhi
- A special micro-credit facility scheme for providing affordable loans to street vendors.
- It is aimed at enabling the street vendors to resume their livelihoods affected by COVID-19
- Eligible vendors can avail working capital loans of up to ₹10,000, which is repayable in monthly installments within one year.
- The scheme is applicable to vendors, hawkers, thelewalas, rehriwalas in different areas/contexts who supply goods and services. Street vendors belonging to the surrounding peri-urban/rural areas are also included.
- More than 50 lakh street vendors, who had their businesses operational on or before 24 March could be benefited
- On timely/early repayment of the loan, an interest subsidy of 7% per annum will be credited to the bank accounts of beneficiaries through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) on a six-months basis.
- There will be no penalty on the early repayment of loans.
- Small Industries Development Bank of India is the technical partner for the implementation of this scheme.
- The scheme is valid until March 2022.
8) Which organisation has developed a multi-purpose disinfection unit ‘Ultra Swachh’?
- Institute of Nuclear Medicine & Allied Sciences (INMAS), the Delhi based laboratory of DRDO has developed it.
- It can be used to disinfect a wide range of objects and materials including Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs), electronics items, fabrics among others.
- It comes in two variants namely Ozonated Space and Trinetra Technology.
9) Name of the initiative launched by the Sports Ministry to train Physical Education teachers and Community Coaches? (sports current affairs 2020)
a) Bharat Coach Yojna
b) Coach banaao desh badhaao yojna
c) Sports Development Programme
d) Khelo India Community Coach Development Programme
- Sports minister Kiren Rijiju launched the 25-day programme for 15,000 physical education teachers and coaches around the country.
- Sports Ministry will collaborate with the Human Resources Ministry to implement this programme in all school in India.
10) Which state govt has launched a month-long drive to spread awareness about COVID-19 pandemic under ‘Mission Fateh’?
11) Which foundation or country is set to become the largest funder of the World Health Organisation (WHO)? (international current affairs 2020 – important)
d) Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
12) Name the Union Ministry which launched the schemes named PLI, SPECS and EMC 2.0? (schemes/yojna related current affairs – very important)
a) Minister for Electronics and IT
b) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
c) Finance Ministry
d) Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
13) Telangana got statehood status on …….
In the year 2014, Telangana was carved out of the state of Andhra Pradesh as the 29th state of India under the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act. The capital of the state is Hyderabad.
14) Ashley Cooper, a veteran sports personality from Australia who recently passed away, was associated with which sports? (sports current affairs 2020)
- He won four singles and four doubles titles at Grand Slam tournaments.
- He won the single title of three grand slams in a year: Australian Open, Wimbledon and U.S. Grand slam 1958