Lets discuss 5 June Current Affairs MCQ Important for Competitive Exams
1)India signed Logistics support agreement with which among the following country?
2) India hosted first ever virtual Bilateral summit with which among the country?
3) Union Cabinet recently approved the MoU on cooperation in the field of Environment with which country?
The countries will work together in the areas of environmental protection including air, waste, chemical management, climate change and management of natural resources by taking into account the applicable legal provisions in each country.
4) In which year the Essential Commodities act was passed?
- The India Union Cabinet on 3rd June approved an amendment to the Essential Commodities Act of 1955 to “deregulate” agricultural commodities like cereals, pulses, oilseeds, onions and potatoes.
Apart from that two ordinances are also approved by the union cabinet to help farmers and boost the rural economy:
- The Farmers’ Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion & Facilitation) Ordinance 2020
- The Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Services Ordinance 2020
5) Which company has the launched a programme for agritech start-ups in India?
The programme “Microsoft for Agritech Startups” is to focus on the start-ups that are committed to driving transformation in agriculture. The programme seeks to assist start-ups in building industry-specific solutions, access to deep technology and markets.
6) Who has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the United Kingdom?
a) Ravish Kumar
b) Vinay Kumar
c) Alok Kumar Sinha
d) Gaitri I. Kumar
She is a 1986 batch Indian Foreign Service officer and is presently serving as the Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Belgium, Luxembourg and the European Union. She will replace RuchiGhanshyam who just retired.
7) India has signed Rafael fighter air-crafts deal with which among the following country?
India signed Rafael deal with Frances govt in September 2016 to purchase 36 new Rafale fighter jets in a 7.87 billion euro. France handed over to India its first Rafale fighter during a ceremony attended by Rajnath Singh in Merignac on October 8, 2019.
8) Recently the Union Government has launched a special drive to issue Kisan Credit Card (KCC) to which category of farmers?
a) Poultry farmers
b) Dairy farmers
c) Horticulture farmers
d) Pisciculture farmers
The Government will provide Kisan Credit Card (KCC) to about 1.5 crore dairy farmers who belong to Milk Unions and Milk producing Companies before July 31. The special drive to provide KCC is part of the Prime Minister’s Atma Nirbhar Bharat package.
9) Which organisation will be hosting Unique Twin summit in January 2021?
a)World economic Forum
- Theme – “The Great Reset”
- It will be organised to jointly and urgently build the foundations of economic and social systems for a more fair, sustainable, and resilient future.
10) Which nation hosted the Global Vaccine Summit?
- It was hosted by British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on 4th June
- It was organised to raise at least USD 7.4 billion for Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance to protect future generations with vaccines and reduce disease inequality.
11) Which two countries have signed the agreement to implement the Kohala Hydroelectric Power project?
a) China and Nepal
b) India and Bhutan
c) Pakistan and China
d) India and Bangladesh
It will be constructed in PoK
Read | 4 June Current affairs