Let’s discuss 6 June Current Affairs MCQ Important for Competitive Exams
1)What is the name of the tropical Storm that recently hit El Salvador and Guatemala?
Amanda Hurricane originated in North-East Pacific ocean and east EI Salvador and Guatemala, countries in the North American continent.
2) Which state has made Aadhaar card mandatory for services like Salons and beauty parlours when they resume their service after the lockdown?
c) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu govt has issued guidelines that the salons will have to maintain a record of the name, phone number, address and Aadhaar number of the customers as a preventive measure against Covid-19.
3) Which is the first bank in India to launch a mobile application based facility for opening a current account?
a) ICICI Bank
c) IndusInd Bank
d) HDFC Bank
The App facility can be used to open current accounts for all kinds of businesses including proprietorship, partnership as well as private & public limited companies, among others.
Key features of the app are
- Faster and seamless account opening
- Customers can pick account number of their choice.
- Paperless KYC documentation
4) Name the country which is unanimously chosen from the Asia Pacific seat to join the UN Security Council as a non permanent member?
c) Sri Lanka
d) South Korea
Previously, India has been a non-permanent member of the Security Council seven-time: 1950-51, 1967-68, 1972-73, 1977-78, 1984-85, 1991-92 and 2011-12.
5) Who has been appointed as the President of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)?
a) V K Kirloskar
b) Uday Kotak
c) Adi Godrej
d) Sanjiv Bajaj
Managing director and CEO of Kotak Mahindra Bank, UdayKotak has recently assumed office as the president of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for 2020-21.
6) Who was Basu Chatterjee, who recently passed away?
He was known for his critically acclaimed films such as ‘Chhoti Si Baat’, ‘BaatonBaaton Mein’, ‘EkRukaHuaFaisla’ and ‘Rajnigandha’ among others.
7) Which Indian NGO has been conferred with the World No Tobacco Day Award 2020 by WHO from the South-East Asia Region?
d) Ek Aur Prayas
The NGO is one of the 3 awardees and has been selected for its efforts to ban pan masala, gutkha, e-cigarettes and hookah in Bihar and Jharkhand.
World No Tobacco Day – May 31
8) Who is named for the EY World Entrepreneur of the year 2020?
b)Kiran Mazumdar Shaw
- She became the third Indian to win the Award after Uday Kotak of Kotak Mahindra Bank in 2014 and Narayana Murthy of Infosys in 2005. She also becomes the second woman to hold the title, following Olivia Lum of Singapore’s Hyflux
- She was selected among 46 other entrepreneurs from 41 countries.
- She is being presented with the award for her contribution to improving universal access to affordable life-saving medicines.
- She founded Biocon, a bio-enzymes company, in 1978 with just two employees and US$500.
- Now, the company has more than 11,000 employees and with revenues of USD 800 million for FY19.
9) Which country will host 2022 Women’s Asian Cup?
- This is the second time India will host the competition, after 1979, when it was held in EMS Stadium, Kozhikode. Chinese Taipei had won that edition, with India finishing runners-up.
- India was two times runner-up Women’s Asia cup (1979 and 1983)
- India will also host FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup rescheduled for February 2021.
10) On which day “Nagar Van” scheme is launched?
- On June 5, 2020, the Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar launched the scheme to mark Environment Day.
- The scheme emphasizes on urban forestry. Under the scheme, around 200 urban forests are to be developed all over the country in the next five years.
Read : 5 June Current Affairs