Let’s discuss: Important MCQ Current affairs 29 May 2020
1)Which of the following state govt launched Rojgar Setu Scheme? (Employment-related yojna, important for MPPSC and other exams)
a)Uttar Pradesh b)Madhya Pradesh c)Jharkhand d)Bihar Ans: b MP govt launched this scheme to provide employment to the migrant labourers according to their skills in industries
2) Politician Ajit Jogi who passed away on May 29, 2020, was the first Chief Minister of which state? (persons in news)
a) Chhattisgarh b) Uttarakhand c) Odisha d) Jharkhand Ans: a He was the CM of Chhattisgarh from 2000 to 2003. He was from Congress party.
3) Which among the following state government has decided to implement Herbal Roads Project? (important for UPPSC prelims exam)
a)Uttar Pradesh b)Madhya Pradesh c)Delhi d)Telangana Ans:a The project will be implemented in a stretch of 800 km in the state. The herbal trees would be planted including Neem, Peepal, Sehjan, haldi (turmeric), brahmi, ashvagandha etc. The plants will provide raw materials to medicines and will also help in preventing soil erosion.
4) The International Day of UN Peacekeepers observed on ?
a) May 26th b) May 28th c) May 27th d) May 29th Ans: d Theme of this year 2020: “Women in Peacekeeping: A key to Peace”.
5) The foundation stone of a missile park ‘Agneeprastha’ has been laid in which among the following naval establishment? (very important defence current affair 2020)
a)INS Dwarka b)INS Kadamba c)INS Hansa d)INS Kalinga Ans: d The Missile Park is being set up with a replica of missiles and Ground Support Equipment (GSE) that showcase the evolution of missiles handled by the unit. These replicas which will be exhibited have been created from scrap / obsolete inventory which have been reconditioned in-house. The main point of attraction in the park is P-70 ‘Ametist’, an underwater launched anti-ship missile from the arsenal of the old ‘Chakra’ (Charlie-1 submarine).
6) Who among the following is elected as the new president of the New Development Bank?
a)Marcos Troyjo b)KV Kamath c)Raghuram Rajan d)Neil Patel Ans: a He is a former deputy economy minister of Brazil During the sixth BRICS Summit in Fortaleza (2014), the BRICS leaders signed the Agreement establishing the New Development Bank (NDB). HQ - Shanghai
7) Who among the following honoured with UN Military Gender Advocate Award 2019? (very very important current affairs for 2020 exams)
a)Suman Gawani b)Carla Monteiro de Castro Araujo c)Both d)none Ans: c They will receive award on May 29 which is an International Day of UN Peacekeepers. Suman Gawani is a major in Indian Army. He was posted in S.Soudan during UN Peacekeeping mission This is the first time that an Indian Peacekeeper has been given the UN Military Gender Advocate Award.
8) Who is the author of the book ‘The Ickabog’? (very important international current affair 2020)
a)J.K. Rowling b)Salman Rushdie c)Margaret Atwood d)Ian McEwan Ans: a She has released the first five chapters of her new book ‘The Ickabog’ online for free. It is a story about “truth and the abuse of power”. She is famous for her Harry Potter book series.
9) Which among the following state has demanded a COVID-19 negative certificate from people arriving in the state?
a)Kerala b)Goa c)Meghalaya d)Mizoram Ans: b
10) Which among the following app is now an open source?
a) Umang b) BHIM c) MyGov d) Aarogya Setu Ans: d It was launched in in April 2020. Govt has made the Android version of the Aarogya Setu app open source. Nearly 98 per cent users of Aarogya Setu app use an Android phone. The app is available for both iOS and Android users.
11) Which state govt recently announced to launch a project to maintain a ‘State Health Register’? (important as first of its kind)
a)Uttar Pradesh b)Karnataka c)Assam d)Madhya Pradesh Ans: b The health register, first-of-its-kind, will be a robust and standardized health repository of all the citizens of the state.
12) Which among the following state accords industrial status to sports? (important for UPSC, NE state current affair)
a)Mizoram b)Meghalaya c)Tripura d)Assam Ans: a The step is taken by the state govt to further boost the sports activities by attracting investments. It is also believed that the move will improve employment in the state.
13) Who wrote the book titled : ‘The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer’
a)Siddhartha Mukherjee b)Yuvraj Singh c)Irfan Khan d)Jonas salk Ans: a He won Pulitzer Prize in 2011 for this book He has been appointed as a member of New York’s commission that will focus on improving the state’s economy, which has been badly hit by the coronavirus pandemic.
14) 2MW solar power plant was inaugurated at which naval establishment? (important defence and environment current affair)
a)INS Dwarka b)INS Kadamba c)INS Hansa d)INS Kalinga Ans: d The solar power plant is inaugurated to promote the clean source of energy and objective to achieve 100 GW of solar power by 2022 as part of the National Solar Mission, a 2 MW Solar Power Plant inaugurated at INS Kalinga
15) Balbir Singh Sr was associated with which game? (very important person in news current affair)
a)Football b)Marathon runner c)Hockey d)Cricket Ans: c Recently passed away at Mohali, Punjab He was born on 31 December 1923, Haripur Khalsa, Punjab, British India. He was a member of the hockey gold medal-winning team of 1948 London Olympics, 1952 Helsinki Olympics and 1956 Melbourne Olympics The manager of India’s only Hockey World Cup-winning side in 1975 He was the first sports personality in India to be honoured with the Padma Shri award in 1957. Major Dhyan Chand Lifetime Achievement Award of Hockey India in 2015.