Let’s discuss MCQ June 1 Current Affairs
1) Who has been nominated by the BCCI for Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2020? (sports current affairs 2020)
- a) Rohit Sharma
- b) Ishant Sharma
- c) Shikhar Dhawan
- d) KL Rahul
If Rohit Sharma wins the top sporting honour, then he will become the fourth cricketer, after Sachin Tendulkar, MS Dhoni and Virat Kohli to achieve this honour.
This award is the highest sporting honour of India. The award is named after Rajiv Gandhi, a former Prime Minister of India.
The first time in 1991-92, Chess Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand was honoured with this award.
Sport shooter Abhinav Bindra at the age of 18, became the youngest recipient of the award in 2001.
The recipient of the award gets a medallion, a certificate, and a cash prize of ₹7.5 lakh.
2) Who among the following has been nominated by the BCCI for Arjuna Award 2020? (sports current affairs 2020)
- a)1,2 &3
- b)2,3 &4
- d)1&3 only
Arjuna award Started in 1961. The award carries a cash prize of ₹5,00,000, a bronze statue of Arjuna and a scroll
3) Match the following with respect to GI tag (Very important current affair under art and culture section)
GI tag is a name or sign used for certain products that belong to a specific geographical location or origin (e.g. a town, region, or country), valid for 10 years, after which it can be renewed for another 10 years.
GI Tags list of 2019
PalaniPanchamirtham, a ‘prasadam’ or religious offering in temples: Palani Town, Tamil Nadu.
Tawlhlohpuan, is a fine quality fabric woven: Mizoram
MizoPuanchei, essentially a shawl, is considered the most colourful textile: Mizoram
Tirur betel vine valued for its medicinal and cultural usages: Malappuram district of Kerala
‘Odisha rasagola‘, for the delectable eastern sweet: Odisha
KodaikanalMalaiPoondu-Agricultural– Tamil Nadu
For more list: click here
4) Which among the following statements are correct with respect to IDEAthon
- 1) Organised by National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) and National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)
- 2) Focused to shape future River Management strategies
- a)Only 2
- b)Only 1
- c)Both 1 & 2
5) UV Blaster Disinfection tower was developed by which organisation in India?
- a) ISRO
- b) DRDO
- c) ICAR
- d) CSIR
An UltraViolet based area sanitiser which is designed and developed by Laser Science & Technology Centre (LASTEC) with the help of New Age Instruments and Materials Private Limited, Gurugram. LASTEC is the Delhi based premier laboratory of DRDO.
The UV Blaster is suitable for those types of equipment which can not be disinfected with chemical methods like electronic equipment, computers and other gadgets in laboratories and offices. It is also suitable for areas such as airports, shopping malls, metros, hotels, factories, offices, etc where a large number of people gather.
The portable UV blaster consists of six lamps, each with 43 watts of UV-C power at 254 nm wavelength for 360-degree illumination. It can be operated remotely through a laptop/mobile phone using wifi link.
6) What is corona virus ‘copy machine’? (#mustknow)
- a) Vitamin found in Coronavirus
- b) Mineral found in coronavirus
- c) Enzyme found in coronavirus
- d) None of the above
The enzyme helps coronavirus to replicate istself in the human body.
In the first stage of infection, the virus enters into the human cell. On the coronavirus’s surface, there is a spike-shaped protein, so-called “corona”, which binds itself to a human cell enzyme, ACE2. The virus then acidifies compartments on the cell surface and then begins to replicate using its own enzyme called “copy machine”.
7) Arktika-M series of satellites are being developed by which country? (Important international current affairs 2020)
- a) USA
- b) CHINA
- c) INDIA
- d) RUSSIA
Russia will launch the first Arktika-M satellite later this year in December 2020 to monitor the Arctic climate and environment
currently, the second Arktika-M satellite is under development and its launch is scheduled for 2023.
Arktika-M satellite is a remote-sensing and emergency communications satellite. It will help Russia to collect meteorological data from the polar regions of the Earth. These data will help to improve the weather forecasts and enable scientists to better study climate change.
8) Why recently GARUD portal was launched by Civil Aviation Ministry?
- a) To track the record of Stranded Indian coming from abroad
- b) To provide fast track conditional exemptions to government agencies for COVID-19 related drone operations.
- c) To monitor the data of medicine and Food supply to NE states
- d) To provide quick approval to the applications of stranded Indian abroad.
9) Which among the following statements are correct with respect to Surakshit Dada-Dadi, Nana-Nani Abhiyaan
- 1) It is launched by the Health Ministry
- 2) It aims to ensure the well-being of senior citizens during the COVID-19 pandemic
- 3) It targets to cover 2.9 million senior citizens in aspirational Districts
- a) All of the above
- b) Only 2&3
- c) Only 3
- d) Only1&2
It is a collaborative effort between NITI Aayog, Piramal Foundation,
The scheme targets to cover 2.9 million senior citizens in about 25 Aspirational Districts across various states: Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, MP, Maharashtra, Rajasthan & Uttar Pradesh & Gujrat.
10) ‘Ayush Kavach’ application is launched by which state govt? (UPPSC very important)
- a) Uttar Pradesh
- b) Maharashtra
- c) Bihar
- d) Rajasthan
It is launched by the UP govt to provide health-related tips about ayurvedic medicines amid the coronavirus pandemic to boost the immunity of the people.
The app was launched by the UP CM Yogi Adityanathon on May 5 and the mobile software was developed by the Ayush Department of UP.
The app has many features, Such as Live YOGA sessions for different age group users e.g kids, adults, elderly people, pregnant women.